Thursday, October 2, 2008

“Financial Crisis: The Musical”

The parody gods have been very good to me lately. Just when the Palin pandemonium started to die down and I was beginning to worry about finding a topic for my next parody, along comes a financial mega-meltdown. Am I the luckiest guy in the world, or what!?! I mean, financial institutions are going down faster than Sarah Palin’s poll numbers. It’s a parody gold-mine. Who would’ve ever seen this one coming? (Certainly not the President. Or congress. Or the Fed.) I’m no economics expert, but I do know this: they had better solve this crisis fast, because if I have to hear someone saying the Wall Street/Main Street thing one more time, my head’s going to explode. Enough already! We get it!! And EVERYONE’S saying it. Republicans. Democrats. In advertising, we would never use the same line as a competitor. I suppose it’s better than “You’re fucked,” but still --it’s almost as overused as “CHANGE.” Speaking of which, that’s my two cents on this whole mess which, coincidentally, is about the value of my 401K last time I checked…


The “Shock” Market is out of control. “Gall” Street is crumbling. Your savings have been 401KO’D. Just when you thought the economy has hit a low note, here comes a real chorus of gloom and doom. It won’t take a degree in economics to enjoy this musical parody. Just a degree of humor…
(Special appearance by John McCain.)

Lyrics: Bruce Hopman Vocals: Ross Hopman
Music Edited by: Blast, NYC

No comments: